Reclaimed & Salvaged Timber & Architectural Millwork
Reclaimed and salvaged timber is an antiquated product reused in a new way. Reclaimed wood offers warmth and a natural grain texture to home and office interiors where clients wish for a modernized rustic theme.
Rough sawn and hand-hewn reclaimed oak and pine beams serve not only as unique feature pieces but also come with a rich and varied history. This salvaged wood is ideal for the creation of rustic mantles, shelving, structural posts, and trusses.
Resawn wood provides beautiful, reclaimed barn beams in the raw – including original hand-hewn pieces. Hand-hewing is the process of transforming a tree trunk into a squared-up beam. Traditionally the broad-ax was used for scoring and for hewing larger pieces of lumber.
Reclaimed beams go thru the typical reclamation process of detailed and power washing. No finish is needed for this wood since it has been naturally oxidized over the years to produce a tough, weather-resistant “skin”. There are common character marks which include circle sawn kerf, mineral staining, color changes, weathering, checking, nail holes, knots, notched-out pockets, and heavy patina. Wood thicknesses tend to vary slightly.
We specialize in the following custom millwork:
- Standing and Running Trim (baseboards, casings, chair rail)
- Reclaimed Barn Wood & Standing Dead Circle Sawn
- Center Matched Tongue and Groove and Shiplap, Ceilings and Wall Paneling
- D Select, Clear, and CVG Reclaimed & Standing Dead Trim and Cabinet Stock
- Wood and Wide Plank Flooring
- Barn wood Stile & Rail & Z Batten Doors
- Barn Doors and All Wood True Divided Lite Barn Sash
- Ornamental Antique Timber packages
- Timber Counters & Bar Tops
- We specialize in Reclaimed Fir, Pine and Antique Hardwoods
- Traditional & Contemporary Design
- Storefronts and Interiors
- Remanufactured Material Packages or Completed Installations Nationwide